The Alberton Gorge section of the Clark Fork River has great whitewater all summer and is located within a 35 minute drive of Missoula and a few hours drive of Spokane Washington and Coeur d’ Alene Idaho.
This is our premier whitewater rafting and kayaking run on the Clark Fork River- the finest whitewater in Montana. If you are looking for fun, excitement and relaxation, then this big volume, big ride river is the one for you. The Alberton Gorge, created by Glacial Lake Missoula, is isolated from roads, has magnificent rock formations and dramatic rose-colored cliffs rising vertically on both sides of the river. You will likely see lots of birds, including osprey, mergansers, eagles, king fishers and hawks. We may also see deer, bear, moose or elk. History Buffs? All of our guides are well-versed in the history and geological features of the area. Daily departures available May through September.
Half-day trips include appetizers and beverages.
- Departs at 9 am daily and returns between 12 pm – 1 pm.
- Departs at 2 pm daily and returns between 5 pm – 6 pm.
- $70 for adults, $50 for children (5-12 years old).
Full-day trips include lunch served riverside. * Most Popular *
- Departs at 9am daily and returns between 3 pm – 4 pm.
- $85 for adults, $65 for children (5-12 years old).
Gourmet Dinner trips include choice of either terriakyi chicken, grilled salmon or vegitarian. With creme’ brulee for dessert.
- Departs at 2:30pm and returns between 7 pm – 8 pm.
- $115 for adults, $90 for children (5-12 years old).
Transportation is provided from our business location here in Missoula to the river and back!
Fleece, splashjackets and wetsuits are also provided if needed.