MISSOULA KAYAKING TOURS
Discover the freedom and challenge of the river
- Scenic Clark Fork River Kayak Tour- Paddle through the beautiful Tarkio Canyon section of the Clark Fork River. You will likely see lots of birds, including osprey, mergansers, eagles, king fishers and hawks. We may also see deer, bear, moose or elk. Daily departures available May through September.
- Departs at 9 am, 2 pm or 6pm
- $120 per person, includes gear and Missoula kayaking instructor (2 person minimum).
Whitewater Kayaking Tours on the Alberton Gorge
Looking for more excitement?! Missoula’s best whitewater kayaking adventures are 1000 Waves sit on top whitewater kayak tours through the Alberton Gorge . This trip offers beautiful scenery through long pools of flat water mixed in with fun class II & III rapids for excitement. The Alberton Gorge, created by Glacial Lake Missoula, is isolated from roads, has magnificent rock formations and dramatic rose-colored cliffs rising vertically on both sides of the river.
Half Day Tour – Departs at 9 am, 2 pm or 6 pm
- $120 per person, includes gear and kayak instructor (2 person minimum). Paddling experience helpful.
Full Day Tour – includes lunch served riverside.
- Departs at 9 am, $160 per person, includes gear and kayak instructor (2 person minimum). Paddling experience required.
Hellgate Canyon Scenic Tour – begins above Missoula, travels through Hellgate Canyon and ends in the heart of Missoula. You will most likely see eagles, osprey, deer and other wildlife. Available April through September.
- Departs at 9 am or 5 pm.
- $90 per person, includes gear and a kayak instructor (4 person minimum).
Two Day/One Night Kayak or Packraft Trips
Day One: Meet in Missoula at 9 am. You will receive your own dry bag to pack your things and obtain any other camping gear you might need. We transport you to the river access where we have lunch riverside before a safety talk and then departure.
Paddling down the Blackfoot River, stopping periodically to enjoy the scenery, rest and have a bite to eat. The first day you will travel 14 miles down the Blackfoot River before stopping at your campsite. You can help your guide set up camp along the river’s edge, or just change clothes and relax as your guides prepare dinner. There are plenty of tales to tell around the campfire.
Day Two: Wake up to a hot cooked breakfast and fresh coffee! Once everyone is packed and ready to depart, you will travel another 9 miles along the beautiful Blackfoot River before finishing up near Bonner, Montana.
Meet place: 10,000 Waves Missoula Office: 802 W. Spruce St, Missoula, MT 59802.
Meet time: 9 am . Price:$395
Meals provided: Lunch, dinner, breakfast, lunch, and snacks. Finishing Time: 2 pm – 3 pm.
What to bring: Your clothes, swimsuits, fast drying clothes, sunscreen, sunglasses and straps, hats with straps, lotion, sandals or tennis shoes you don’t mind getting wet.