Scenic River Missoula Float Trips
Missoula Rafting & Scenic Float Trips
Missoula rafting on the Tarkio Gorge offers a relaxing beautiful Missoula float trip with excellent opportunities for wildlife viewing and birdwatching. It’s home to whitetail and mule deer, elk, black bear, moose, osprey, kingfishers, and eagles. We also offer half-day, full day with lunch and dinner scenic Missoula float trips through this spectacular canyon. Available May through September. Half-day trips on this section are best from late June through October and typically last one and a half to three hours on the river, depending on river flows.
Departs at 9 am daily and returns between 12-1 pm.
Departs at 2 pm daily and returns between 5-6 pm.
Departs at 6 pm daily: $69 for adults, $59 for children (5-12 years old).
- Departs 9- 10 am daily and returns about 2 pm.
- $89 for adults, $79 for children (5-12 year old).
Historic Hellgate Canyon
This two to three hour river trip begins above Missoula, travels through Hellgate Canyon, and ends in the heart of Missoula. Hellgate Canyon has beautiful scenery and wildlife. You will most likely see lots of birds and you may also see deer, bear, moose, and elk. This is truly one of the best float trips in Missoula!
- Departs at 9 am daily
- Hotel pickup and drop off available
- $70 for adults, $60 for children (5-12 years old).
Scenic River Missoula Float Trip on the Blackfoot River
Missoula rafting on the Blackfoot River is usually best at higher flows in May and June. Raft down the river that Norman Maclean wrote about in A River Runs Through It. “I am haunted by waters,” Maclean says. See for yourself the beauty of this river and its landscapes. You too will be enchanted by your memories of its wildlife, mountain views, and fun stretches of gentle water with clear deep pools for swimming. Available April through July.
- Departs at 9 am daily and returns between 12 pm – 1 pm.
- Departs at 2 pm daily and returns between 5 pm – 6 pm.
- $75 for adults, $65 for children (5-12 years old).
Full-day trips include lunch served riverside.
- Departs at 9 am daily and returns between 3 pm – 4 pm.
- $85 for adults, $65 for children (5-12 years old).
Dinner Float Trips
- Departs at 2:30 pm and returns between 7 pm – 8 pm.
- $115 for adults, $90 for children (5-12 years old).
Contact us for group discounts.